2007年5月21日月曜日

Day2: Up Side Down




Day2: Up Side Down
No of Temple: 13th ~21st
Weather: Sunny with clouds 30degs
Distance: 97kms

Day2 started with a lot pain on my mustles…legs, arms, back, and neck (I must be careful with my neck which I had a concussion few years ago…hospitalized;) Stretched muscle, said fair-well to the walking Henro, and started my 2nd day.

From No. 13th to 18th temples were close together though it was easy peasy. The 19th temple was 20kms away from 18th, and the guide book said that the similar climb to 12th temple…Again CLIMBING…!!!! I was sick of carrying my heavy baggage again upon the hill. So I asked local grocery store at the bottom of hill to look after my baggage nicely. The elderly woman agreed kindly. All Set to Go again!!

I started to climb the steep hill which was steeper than yesterday…Soon after 2kms, there was no power in me to dance (cycling word)…Got off the bike and started to push my bike up the hill. But the 19th temple felt almost miles away…In the forest, no matter I shout of my suffering no one was noticed!! Unbelievable when I looked back, there basically no one else was around. I reached to the 19th temple with so much exhaustion and rough breath. The silent atmosphere in the forest created the 19th temple called Kakurin-ji more spiritual and beautiful. Walking path to the gate was gorgeous.

On the way back to the bottom of hill, there was a local wood pecker told me that there was a downhill way to get to the next temple 20th. Racing against time, the downhill course seemed to be the right choice at moment…bad choice in the end…went down the hill to the 20th and rode the rope way train to the next 20th with my bicycle on board. When I got to the 20th, it was 16:25. I had to rush and wanted to reach to 21st on the same day. Hopped on the bike and started the down-hilling of rough conditioned road…almost mountain-biking…Shit mate! My arms and hands felt sooo numb afterwards. Safely rushed into the 21st temple at 16:55!! (Average speed of 50kms/h)

I realized that I came a far west from where I left my baggage at…30kms away east…hahaha…started to ride back in the dark. On the way back, the tire caught something on road, and got a puncher in the middle of no where…more bad luck happened that I forgot the repair tube and kit in the baggage. Shit happens…Tried to hitch hike but no one stopped. I walked almost 15kms to reach next petrol station.

I called a taxi back to the bottom of hill…When I got to the grocery store the elder woman was worried and kept the shop open. She served me a cup of cold tea and rice cake. It was so nice and tasty after the long day!!

I managed to find cheap 24hrs Internet Café to sleep at…Whatta day!! haha funny day it was!!

0 件のコメント: